Pesto Cavatappi Redux
I say four servings because that's how many 8 ounces of pasta should serve. In our house though, the husband eats two servings, I eat one and the seven year old eats one. They like leftovers so I generally make 1 and a half times this recipe.
- In a blender of food processor combine but don't make into a perfectly smooth puree the following. Use about a cup for this recipe and refrigerate or freeze the rest.
- 4 ounce container basil stems discarded (2 cups)
- 1/2-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Salt to taste.
- Optional - 2 tablespoons toasted pinenuts
- 8 oz half a box cavatappi or penne or any kind of pasta
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- ½ cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup pesto
- 1/2-1 cup crumbled feta or other cheese
- 1 or two cooked chicken breasts diced (use your Oven Poached Chicken) or a grocery rotisserie chicken
- Any cooked veggies you want to throw in extra cheese for topping
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
While pasta cooks, blend the pesto ingredients.
Put the diced chicken into the colander and drain the pasta over it to warm the chicken.
Put the pasta and chicken back into the pot. Stir in the remaining ingredients.