The only smoothie recipe you’ll ever need. It’s healthy AND tasty.
I love this smoothie and I drink it all the time for breakfast when I have my shit together poop in a group. The best thing about it is, I can make four at a time so I only have to have it together twice a week. Lazy Organized mom for the win! (You’ll need to check your blender capacity. I have a 64 ounce container on mine. You can check it out here on Amazon. affiliate link)
Here are a few of the things I love about this smoothie from most normal to pretty weird:
- Fruit; which I have a tendency to not get enough of.
- Cinnamon and vanilla which are usually in unhealthy things so it’s nice to have them here guilt free.
- No dairy. Yes I said it, it’s vegan! Don’t get me wrong, we all know I’m an omnivore, but I do acknowledge that I have a tendency to go a little overboard with the dairy between the milk in my coffee and cheese. ALL THE CHEESE!
- Flax seed adds a tasty nuttiness.
- Alternative protein. I don’t use any of that weird artificial whey with a bunch of crap added including chemical sweeteners and flavors.
Every smoothie, no matter what it is, needs a banana. It gives it the structure it needs to be a smoothie, otherwise it’s juice. If you want to drink green juice that’s totally fine, but don’t try to call it a green smoothie. If it doesn’t have a banana in it. Strawberries are a good choice, but use any berry or a combo. I put a bunch of options like PB and mocha are in the recipe for you.
Cinnamon is not only extremely flavorful (use good quality Vietnamese cinnamon, not the cheap crap that tastes like dust) but the purported health properties range from it being an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory to fighting diabetes, cancer, cognitive decline, viruses and infections. I’m pretty sure it makes you prettier and thinner too. So take that turmeric!
As far as the liquid you can use anything from water, milk, soy/almond/coconut milk or whatever will make it blendable.
Flax seed is loaded with omegas so if you’re not eating enough fish, this is a great supplement. I use ground to make sure it’s incorporated completely.
Then there’s the protein. Sure I’ve used the tutti fruit crap that tastes good because it’s loaded up with sugar or artificial sweeteners and vanilla or chocolate or whatever. I like using plain protein now though because there’s enough other flavorful stuff in here that you don’t need all that stuff and it’s just straight up healthy so I feel like this is as good a start to my day as I can get. I started with brown rice protein and now I use hemp protein. It’s green so I’m sure that’s extra points.
Even if the day goes to hell in a handbasket
I HAD A SMOOTHIE FOR BREAKFAST!
Keeping your day light? Have Egg Drop Soup – Quick & Light for lunch.
The Most Interesting Smoothie in the World
- 6 almonds and 8 ounces water or 1 cup liquid of choice
- 2 tablespoons protein
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxmeal
- ½ cup strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- Dash of cinnamon
- Drop of vanilla
- Blend almonds and water for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest and blend until smooth.
- Yep, it’s a tough one! 😉