Honey Pecan Chicken is sweet, crunchy, flavorful and FAST. It’s five ingredients and 20 minutes worth of everything you want in dinner recipe and nothing you don’t.
I’m going to challenge myself and try to keep it under 300 words today. I’ve been nearing the 750 mark and, in the immortal words of Sweet Brown, “ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat”. I know that you are trying to get dinner on the table here, not read War and Peace, so on to the recipe.
This is a superb way to add a ton of flavor to bland chicken breasts. Even though there are only four additional ingredients, each one makes a giant contribution.
Adds sweetness and ‘glue’.
One of my favorite nuts, but they are pretty soft compared to say, almonds so that’s why…
The Crunchy Thing
I used a generic store brand of rice Chex. You can use any kind of crunchy Chex/knock-off cereal, cornflakes, panko or even potato chips. Potato chips, why didn’t I think of that?!
While the oven preheats, you can get the chicken all coated and ready to go. When the oven’s hot pop this in and in 20+/- minutes it’s ready. Low prep, hands-off cooking, fast and big flavor. Plenty of time for a glass of wine.
If you like this recipe, check out Crispy Chicken with Balsamic Tomatoes which does double duty as a kid dinner too!
Honey Pecan Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup raw pecans finely chopped
- 2/3 c crushed crunchy thing put in ziplock back and mash with a rolling pin or bottom of a jar cereal, panko (don’t crush), potato chips etc)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix soy sauce and honey and pour into paper plate or whatever you use when coating/battering food.
- Mix pecans and crunchy thing in another paper plate.
- Roll one chicken breast around in liquid mixture to completely coat and then press firmly into crumbs to coat top and bottom. If there's extra left in plate when you're done, press it onto the tops of the chicken.
- Transfer to baking sheet (lined with foil makes easy cleanup) and bake 20 minutes or until cooked throughout.