Grilled Thai Red Curry Chicken is a fast summer dinner that packs a punch of flavor. 2 ingredients. 10 minutes. Really.
Generally I’m suspicious of pre-prepared ingredients. All of those suspicious chemicals usually leave an off flavor that’s not worth the trade off in time. So imagine my surprise when I checked out the Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste. Here’s what it looks like. This is a link to Amazon, but this is a huge brand so if I can find it at the ‘burb grocery store, I’m sure you can too.
red chili pepper, garlic, lemongrass, galangal (thai ginger), salt, shallot, spices, kaffir lime
That’s it. No chemicals. No artificial flavors. No food coloring. Not even any citric acid.
Don’t get me wrong, I make my own red and green thai chile paste to use in curries and I love it. But it does call for a million ingredients and depending on the chiles it can really vary in heat and flavor. This is a great and super easy alternative. I tried it with and without olive oil. The oil didn’t add anything so feel free to forget it unless you’re grill is super sticky. I mean seriously, two ingredient chicken recipe packed with flavor? Who does that? You do!
This goes great with jasmine rice, a sprinkle of cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Since you’re grilling, throw some veggies on too, here’s how: Grilled Veggies.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- Turn grill on, all burners to high and heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub chicken with curry paste.
- Put chicken on grill, close grill and reduce heat to low and grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip chicken over and close grill. Smaller breasts will take maybe 3 more minutes, larger about 5 minutes depending on the size of breasts and temperature of grill.
- Goes great with jasmine rice sprinkled with cilantro and a squeeze of lime.